Reading Room Appointments for Archives, Manuscripts, and Rare Books
We welcome all visitors from both the campus community and the general public.
Please use the calendar below to request an appointment to use the archives, manuscripts, and rare book collections at the Special Collections Research Center (W.L. Eury Appalachian Collection, University Archives, Stock Car Racing Collection, and Rare Books and Manuscripts) at Appalachian State University. Appointments are not required to access the circulating collections.
* PLEASE NOTE: Appointments should be made 5 days or more in advance of your visit to allow materials to be located and prepared. *
Staff are available in advance of appointments to help in locating and selecting materials. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10 am - 4 pm, Monday through Friday. Hours vary during holidays and semester breaks; see the calendar.
To request an appointment:
- Select one of the four available tables (each table has four seats) and choose the time you would like to visit, then submit your selection(s)
- After you request your appointment, look for a confirmation email which will provide a link to an online form to register as a researcher
- After filling out the registration form, you will be asked to supply information about the material you would like to view
- If you are unsure what you would like to use specifically, please contact us at email@example.com at least one week in advance of your intended research appointment to set up a consultation
- NOTE: Your appointment is not confirmed until you receive an email with the subject line "Your research time has been confirmed." If you do not provide specifics about what materials you wish to view, we will be unable to prepare materials for you to use during your visit.
Appointments should be made five days or more in advance of your visit to allow materials to be located and prepared.
Turnaround time for appointment requests:
- Appointments scheduled after 5:00 pm M-Th will be reviewed the following business day.
- Appointments scheduled after 5:00 pm on Fridays will be reviewed the following Monday.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (828) 262-4041 (voicemail forwards to staff email)